Friday, July 10, 2009

Find it Friday ~ The Friday Night Knitting Club and Knit Two
Each Friday we will showcase a product, service, offering or event that is a MUST to check out!


A few weeks ago I was sitting waiting for our local Philadelphia area EGA board meeting to begin and a few board members were talking about this book called The Friday Night Knitting Club. I had never heard of the book before ~ no for your information I do not live under a rock, I just have 3 small children and between that, work and trying not to burn dinner I kinda have my hands full (:

We were on our way down the shore for vacation and I asked if it would be a good vacation read. To my delight my girl Pleasants, pulled out her copy and told me to enjoy the read. I was gitty on the drive home. It has been an eternity since I have read a book. Well that's not really true. It's been ages since I have read an age appropriate book. I read with the kids all the time, but I am pretty sure Green Eggs and Ham or Red Fish Blue Fish don't really count.

I could not wait till we left for the shore ~ the very next day I decided to go to bed early and start my book. So remember how I told you it has been forever since I have been able to read an adult book? Or even a book without pictures? Well I couldn't put it down, I read the entire book cover to cover. it was a FABULOUS read! Now I was really dragging the next day, but it was totally worth it! I forgot how much I love to read. How fabulous it feels to be so engrossed into a story. A story about women who are completely different but find a common ground in knitting.

I think my stitching group is a lot like that. We are in different stages of our lives, we live in different towns and vary in our education and careers but we share a common thread ~ needlework. It is what brings us together, makes us spill our secrets and feel ready to conquer the world after our regular night of stitching.

Wait it gets better! I just found out there's a second book in the series! It's called Knit Two ~ and you know I ran right out and bought that sucker ASAP. Wonder if it will make it to vacation.....probably not!


No comments:

Post a Comment