Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Munchies ~ Apple Crisp


Each Monday we will kick off the week with a Must have recipe to help get you out of the kitchen and back stitching ASAP!


Yesterday we had family dinner at my in-laws house. Now I don’t know how it worked when you were growing up but at my husband’s house everything was handmade ~ EVERYTHING. My husband looks forward to visiting his parents often and enjoying his mother’s home cooking. I don’t blame him! He’s certainly not getting the same food in our home. Thank God for leftovers. Dinner was a feast (I expect nothing less) and dessert was exceptional. I normally go straight for the chocolate, but I settled on the Apple Crisp. I so made the right choice! It was amazing! I normally don’t ask My MIL for recipes. Basically because she knows I will never make it, but I had to get this one to post. She’s so excited her recipe is on the internet and hopes your family loves it as much as she loves making it and we love eating it!


Apple Crisp


Ingredients:

5 Large Apples, sliced and peeled

1 cup Brown Sugar

¾ cup Oats (Quaker)

¾ cup Flour, sifted

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

1 teaspoon Nutmeg

1 Stick soften butter

¼ cup apple juice (or water)


Instructions:

Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9X9 inch pan and place ½ of the sliced and peeled apples in the pan. Blend together Brown sugar, Oates, Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Butter and crumble ½ the mixture over the apples. Layer the remained of the apples over the mixture. Pour the Juice (water) over top and bake for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment